I’ve just discovered a rather neat trick in Rhythmbox. I got asked: what sort of music do you like? And I was about to name a few favourite bands when I thought: hm, I wonder what the actual truth is about this?
So I created a new Rhythmbox automatic playlist.
Create automatically updating playlist where:
Play Count at least 0
Limit to: 10 songs
When sorted by: Play Count With more often played songs first
…and that tells me what I actually play most. I am pleased with this. Everyone should do this: it’s enlightening.
Oh, my top 10?
- Clubbed To Death, Rob Dougan
- You Shook Me All Night Long, AC/DC
- Santeria, Sublime
- Remember The Name, Fort Minor
- Start The Commotion, The Wiseguys
- Untitled #1, Spain
- Haven’t Met You Yet, Michael Buble
- Can’t Stand Losing You, The Police
- Aerials, System of a Down
- All Rise, Blue