I am now back from d.Construct ‘05. It was great; the clear:left
guys did a good job putting it all together. I have learned a number
- If you’ve got a widescreen laptop, change the scren resolution so
that it’s not a widescreen resolution when you plug it into a
projector, otherwise some of your presentation gets cut off and
people laugh at you. I hasten to point out to people that it wasn’t
a problem with S5 (or with Linux, for that matter, although
apparently Macs can auto-sense the projector resolution? That’s
really cool if true.)
- It is possible to drink so much that you wish you were dead the next
day. Superb evening out drinking; mAd respec’ to Budd, Rutter,
Hammond, and Amy.
- People are doing open-source Flash development stuff; it always
seems weird to me to be proud of developing open-source code on a
closed platform. Windows and the Mac are the same here.
- My head still hurts a little bit.
- There is a web community in the UK. We need to do more with it.
The talk I gave on DOM Scripting and Ajax is available.