I’ve been using Gnomemeeting to talk to Jono, and it rocks a
bollock. Took a little while to set up, though. Things you should check:
- Does your sound work? I’m using kernel 2.6, so it had
ALSA in it and the mic worked fine without
me having to do any work.
- Have you got the mic volume turned up? Use alsamixer to check.
- Port forward all the ports mentioned in the Gnomemeeting FAQ to your machine (you have to do
them all individually; SW1.0 doesn’t
support port ranges).
- Make sure those ports are also available in the “services/external
service access” section in your smoothwall configuration.
- Turn on “Enable IP translation” in the H.323 advanced section of the