Been too busy to read much stuff recently, but these all caught a brief eye:
- Under the Iron: interviews with luminaries like Jeremy “antipixel” Hedley, Daniel “waferbaby” Bogan, Mark “diveinto” Pilgrim, and others (you know the names) (via every damn person on the web).
- Phil Ringnalda: “I want everyone to have an equal experience, sure, but I want it to be everyone having my experience, not me going to back to having everyone else’s experience.”
- Aquarion explains how writing and a net connection don’t mix
- Sam Ruby boobytraps a thief
- I showed the CSS Zen Garden to the new guy at work, who said “wow, shit, that’s really cool”. I wish I had some design skills, but, like Mark Pilgrim, “I’m a technical designer - I understand the specs and the implementations, but I can’t create beauty - except occasionally, by accident.”
- I had this idea that your weblog should suggest categories for you to put a new post in using a classifier like the Python one.
- And finally: writing a weblogging system (sigh). Don’t ask.