My name is Stuart. I do strategic thinking and synthesis — pulling together your vision, the web, open source, architecture, and product design to make amazing things. I can understand your business, and work with both management and the dev team. I provide advice and expertise as your embedded expert. I do custom development for the web, mobile, and Ubuntu. I’ve written books, and I regularly give talks at conferences and to companies. Read more about what I do at kryogenix.org.
Projects & consultancy
As Kryogenix Consulting, I’ve worked on many projects, including:
- Complete web management and configuration UI for an embedded device and MQTT communications (Technologies: node, angular, swagger, leveldb, mosquitto MQTT)
- Architecture and system design for the complete rebuild of a high-traffic signup process for a major UK political party, allowing a high volume of new people to join the party. (Technologies: node, swagger, redis, amqp, client-side JS, Android/iOS)
- Architecture and system design for an accessibility project for two international airlines and a major accessibility consultancy, to allow very large sites to meet government accessibility requirements under tight deadlines and enable a team of developers to individually build contributions. (Technologies: node, client-side JS)
- Measure, a contributor relationship management system, built and released as open source and in testing by major tech companies worldwide. See Measure on Github. (Technologies: node, PHP, client-side JS, CSS, MongoDB, redis, ghcrawler)
- Riddling, a top game for iOS, Android, Firefox OS, and Ubuntu, as featured in the New York Times.
- Soonsnap, a mobile web app for sending just-taken photos to people near you, as featured by BBC Click.
- With Storythings and Click, The Noise, an iPad web way of publishing a play to create an immersive digital experience.
- Canonical, 2009-2013
- Strategic Architect and head of Futures team, Online Services; shaped the direction of the Ubuntu One online service; designed and built APIs and ran the developer programme
- GCap Media, 2008-2009
- Complete rework of GCap’s online presence; Python and Django
- Mills & Reeve, 1999-2008
- Development, then head of the dev team; legal IT and intranet
- University of Durham
- BSc. Hons (Dunelm), Philosophy and Computer Science
I am experienced in:
- Architecture & planning
- The open Web
- Open source
- Technical writing
- Linux use and management
I am an experienced and published author. I've written two books and co-authored or contributed chapters to many others, I've been published in magazines, produced technical writing and white papers for startups such as AeroFS and established tech companies, and conducted an interview series with open source leaders for Microsoft and Bitnami.
- ☎ 0788 1632524
- 🌐 kryogenix.org
- 📧 email@example.com
- 🐦 sil
- 🏭 linkedin.com/in/stuartlangridge/